Saturday, January 15, 2011

Nha Trang

We arrived in Nha Trang in the evening and found a place to stay. The first thing we noticed was that the weather wasn’t as good as it had been in Mui Ne. We had travelled up the coast and I guess I just didn’t think about the fact that the weather could change that much. It wasn’t cold but it was cooler than Mui Ne and that night it rained. That is something we hadn’t experienced since Bangkok. We walked around a little bit and found a German restaurant. I had a bratwurst and Andrew had a schnitzel. Not like real German food but it was good enough.

The next day we walked around a bit and discovered the beach. It was beautiful and long. Unfortunately the waves were extremely large and there were red flags all over the place warning you not to get in the water. This was apparently not the right season. The weather wasn’t really hot enough for sun tanning so it wasn’t too much of a problem for us. We had read there were some ruins to see in Nha Trang so we walked to them. It took us most of the day to get there and back. On the way there a motorbike hit me. Well, almost hit me but it did hit my water bottle just as I was about to take a sip and splashed my water all over me. It happened as we were crossing the street. I was looking left to see if there was any oncoming traffic and slowing inching out on to the street. This guy was driving against traffic and since I wasn’t looking for motorcycles moving against traffic, I almost got creamed. In his defense he was honking but everyone honks all the time in Vietnam and you just become immune to it. At least I was ok.

We went to see the ruins and part of the rules of seeing them was that you couldn’t show your cleavage. Phew, lucky I was wearing a shirt that covered me. The ruins were nice but because we had just come from Cambodia and Angkor Wat, it was hard to impress us. Apparently they were very lax with their rules there because there was a girl who was wearing nothing more than a teddy. Well I guess you could call it a dress but her boobs were not as covered as they should have been and her ass was almost sticking out from underneath that thing. Am I getting old?
We got back to “downtown” Nha Trang and went for dinner. Since the weather wasn’t that great there really wasn’t that much to do here. We would leave to Hoi An the following day.


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment